It may not be pretty, but it is pretty darn good. It definitely keeps me full throughout the morning. Smoothies in general are a great breakfast if you are a “I need something as I rush out the door type of person.” Throw in all the ingredients, click blend, and you have an easy, nutritious, filling breakfast to take with you during your busy morning. Best part… it doesn’t require a fork, spoon, bowl, plate or any other utensil other than a cup and straw. Enjoy!
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 medium banana
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup light vanilla soy milk
- 1 tsp ground flaxseed
- dash of cinnamon
- a few tablespoons on water to thin it out
- If you aren’t a soy milk person, substitute 3/4 cup skim milk with a little vanilla extract.
- Take out the milk completely and add 1, 6oz container of vanilla greek yogurt with 1/4 cup cold water for a thicker smoothie.
- Not a fan of vanilla? Try chocolate soy milk instead! Just leave out the cinnamon.